Thursday, May 16, 2013

Clear Skies

Well, this is my entry for the Digital Mania challenge where we are to create art in the manner and style of a Turkish surreal artist by the name of Gurbus Dogan Eksioglu. A fantastic artist but oh so out of my comfort zone.  I don't know why surrealistic art is so hard for me but I gave it a go! His particular art style to me is whimsical a little bit cartoon-like and  injected with a simple kind of humor.

Imagery credits go to Dover books, Holliewood, Finecrafted designs and ikuPiLLi  all at deviant scrap.

7 comments:

  1. stunning fantasy piece!
    groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh Lori, I'm not used to love surrealist art; and specialy, I don't like Gurbus Dogan Eksioglu. But, but...
    You're so extraordinary that the result is mind-blowing!!!!
    There is a depth perception unusual amoung your artwork, and you've managed it very very well my dear friend!
    I adore this treasure, and, if you like my work enough, I would like to swap it please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clouds in the laundry basket. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this, the idea of reaching for a cloud, and all the detail. The colours add to the surreal effect so well. I shall look up Eksioglu, I like a bit of surreal and its always good to see the work of another artist. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you stretch your imagination... I'm learning to do that more and more, but it's hard for me. This is wonderful, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is stellar!A woman gathering clouds...brilliant idea!

    karla xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your imagination. I looked at all.

    Your a keeper.

    ReplyDelete