Sunday, April 26, 2015

Family Albums



My entry for the TAW challenge this week "Family Albums" .  I have a few photos  of my Grandfather from my Mother`s side and this is a bit of a tribute to him.  He died when I was 3 so I don't have many memories of him but what I do have are good. I know he was a veteran (in the Navy) was a travelling salesman up and down central California and worked hard to keep our family together. When he died (as in many families things certainly changed - and not for the better).  But that is another story....

10 comments:

  1. A beautifully made tribuye to your grandfather. He was a very handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this bit of your personal history, Lori. I love the curled page, the flag, and of course the photo of your grandfather. He had such kind eyes! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute to your grandfather Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous presentation and tribute, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, touching tribute to your grandfather. Your artwork here is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit to your blog... your collages are beautiful... and such a loving tribute to your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he was a handsome man and you present him so well! you should print and hang this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and wonderful unique tribute you have create for your Uncle...this is exquisite and a treasure Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori your collage is a wonderful tribute to your grandfather, love that you made it in black and white.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely tribute, Lori, and something to add to your family history. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete