Saturday, January 3, 2015

Signs of Spring

This is my "Zetti" style collage for the TAW challenge this week.

Today is my 60th birthday!  A valley of reflection framed by mountains of gratitude.  I have lost friends already and though I feel and experience the definitive changes taking place in my life- at least I`m here to experience them- the good and the bad.  I feel blessed and more confident than ever despite the normal and annoying results of aging both physically and ....mentally.  Taking it one day at a time is no longer difficult( lol)  and thoughts any further tend to tire me out.  I don`t make resolutions but if there is one thing I want to focus on from here on out is to ENJOY each day. Less worry (last year was difficult) and less expectations- let it be what it will be. Less serious..... more joy!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lori!:-)all the best for the years ahead, joy, happiness and good luck.
    I love your beautiful realization.
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Lori and many healthy and joyful years ahead.
    Your art work is lovely and enchanting as usually.
    Best wishis and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her glasses!! happy birthday! I will be 70 on my next birthday--I can't believe it--oh to be 60 again--LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still a young girl, Happy Birthday Lori, hope your day will be wonderful, your collage is fantastic and very beautiful, love it.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your zetti, and your thoughts on the new year, Lori. May you let the worries go and find joy in the coming years. Unbelievably, I've had 20 years since I was 60 and contemplating my old age. They've been happy and productive years and I'm still going strong. I wish the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy birthday, Lori. Your "ode to spring" piece is joyful and whimsical and wonderfully creative. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Birthday wishes, Lori, love your Zetti lady!
    BTW 60 is the new 50! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday dear Lori! I echo all your thoughts, especially as I am so much older than you. Big Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS I really, really like your Zetti picture. So elegant!xx

    ReplyDelete